Thursday, September 20, 2012

いただきます!


I always wanna use hiragana while blogging! the letters are cute aren't they? I'm crazy about japanese nowadays and I plan to take a jap course! just to make sure I learn well tee-hee wish me luck :)

oh yeah btw it read 'itadakimasu' means 'bon appetit'. means that... yup we're going to talk about food! no wait it's better : JAPANESE FOOD! yay!

it was my mom's birthday at 19. HAPPY BDAY MOM! *kisses* and she brought us to my fave japanese restaurant in town! yeey! I keep myself hungry the whole day at school to make sure I could stuffed my tummy with tons of sushi and ramen haha.

so here is some sushi I ate :

Inarizushi, so it's fried tofu skin 'purse' stuffed with sushi rice. and it can be topped with anything. the one I ate was topped with tobiko. it's flying fish roe. it was tasty (yeah I always say ALL japanese food is tasty since I love it) but really this inarizushi is ahh-mazing! the tofu skin is a bit sweet, I think it was marinated with soy sauce and sugar and it really match the salty soy-sauce. just dip it a little-- too much soy sauce will be TOTALLY DISASTER.

INSANELY RECOMMENDED!
Tamago Nigiri, yeah it's just another variation of nigiri sushi-- it's a small sushi-rice ball with topping on the top-- and tamago is japanese omelette. this tamago is quiet unique; its thick-layered texture and its sweet taste. tamago itself goes great with anything, since it's an essential part of japanese cuisine. oh and it's so easy-to-make too! learn how to make it here :)

yum-yum
there are not so many people like sushi (perhaps it doesn't match their Indonesian tongue haha too bad) but it's not bad to try. my tips is : first, if it's your first time don't order too much, since you don't know whether you'll like it or not so you won't waste your money :) second, sushi is a bit 'pocket-ripping', hehe I admit great taste comes with great price also, so eat together with friends is better! it's much more fun and it can lower the cost too. just order the big sushi platter, it is usually cheaper than ala carte.

for you who lives in Malang, East Java, Indonesia, here is my favorite japanese restaurant :

Sugoi Tei
Jalan Panderman 11 Malang

Hachi-Hachi Bistro
MX Square Jalan Veteran 8 Malang

sayonara!